So what happens to a meal plan when life happens.
- I've learned to not buy too far a head of myself. If this means I go to the grocery store twice or even three times a week so be it - I've often forgot something even if I do buy for a full week.
- The freezer can save a lot of stuff to later be made into something else or the same recipe I was going to make in the first place
- build in left over nights - and the missed night can fill in here.
- Have flexibility in the meals so if you are running short on time you can quickly substitute something easier.
Here's how I applied all of this during the week...
- I did make a couple trips this week - shorter trips are always better with a kiddo anyway, but I really had many things in my pantry for the week.
- My left over gazpacho soup... it's going in the freezer & since we were home all week I needed more food around for lunches too.
- Gazpacho got moved to last night and bean burgers are moved to this night - I am not camping in my current condition - especially not in the rain.
- Last night I thought about getting those bean burgers done too, but really time wasn't going to work, so I filled in with other things and some leftover plantain omelet that I made for breakfast (sometimes having to stay home with a sick kid is kinda fun)